This is a tool to convert BB Code into a Smogon-friendly HTML format. Paste the BB Code into the respective textarea, then click the "Convert" button. A copy-pastable HTML output will populate the other textarea, which you can save or move to wherever it's needed. A preview is automatically shown as well when the text is converted. With the HTML in hand, you are free to check over the output and apply your own styling.
Source | By: shiny finder
Features and Limitations
The following tags and items are supported in this tool:
- Links (user and page). Smogon URLs are automatically made relative.
- Headers (see limitations)
- Images (see limitations)
- Lists (ordered and unordered), including nested lists
- Justification (left/right/center)
- Color declarations
- Hide tags (see limitations)
- Table of contents (see header limitations)
- e → é
- Link Smogon sprites to respective dex page (see limitations)
- All URLs are made protocol agnostic (http:/https: removed);
- Curly to ASCII quotes
The following are notable limitations of the tool:
- Size declarations are ignored, as typically that should be done with proper header usage anyway.
- The tool tries to interpret headers as lines that are entirely bold. Further, the tool only outputs headers as h2, as only context will determine what is the proper weight. Always check your headers!
- Hide tags with declared texts are considered headers, subject to the above limitation.
- Images are included if an external (valid) link exists. Alt text is always MISSING IMAGE. Attachments are not supported, and the tags are regurgitated in the output. Naturally, these will need to be uploaded anyway, so this is a reminder to do so.
- Code tags and spoilers are currently unsupported.
- Linking to the dex page currently only supports the current generation (SwSh)
- This tool is not meant to replace proper HTMLing; it is a supplement to save time. Always check over the output.
- The HTML result will likely not look pretty. That's your job ;)